Legal Experience That Stands Out
Prior to joining the firm in 2016, Thomas clerked for the Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He assisted with legal research and opinion drafting on many notable cases, including Binderup v. AG of United States, 836 F.3d 336 (3d Cir. 2016) and the dissenting opinion in NCAA v. Governor of N.J., 832 F.3d 389 (3d Cir. 2016) (en banc), rev’d Murphy v. NCAA, 138 S. Ct. 1461 (2018).
While in law school, Thomas served as Research Editor for Temple Law Review and as Research Assistant for Professor Tom C.W. Lin, assisting Professor Lin with the publication of five research papers concerning financial regulation, behavioral finance, and emerging innovations in legal services. In the Fox School of Business, Thomas participated in the Global Immersion program in China and worked for the International Finance Corporation under a management consulting externship.
- Plaintiff and appellate counsel to a private equity company in a breach-of-contract and fraudulent transfer actions relating to the sale of its interests in a specialty finance company, in which the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania granted summary judgment in favor of plaintiff and entered a multimillion-dollar judgment, which was upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Defense and appellate counsel to a private residential boarding school in several related actions alleging that the school’s enrollment and housing policies violated the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act, in which the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania granted summary judgment in favor of the school in all cases, which were upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Defense and appellate counsel to a health insurer in an action brought by multiple private emergency medical practices, in which the trial court granted a motion to dismiss with prejudice, which was upheld by the state appellate court.
- Appellate counsel to a bi-state agency in an action brought by a disappointed bidder, in which the Third Circuit vacated the District Court’s order granting summary judgment to the disappointed bidder and ordered the District Court to dismiss the case with prejudice.
- Appellate counsel to a packaging machinery supplier and distributor in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, in which the Third Circuit reversed the District Court’s grant of a new trial and reinstated a multimillion-dollar jury verdict for breach of contract.
- Defense counsel to an international video surveillance and systems technology company in an employment dispute, in which the court granted preliminary objections and dismissed the case with prejudice for lack of personal jurisdiction.