Legal Experience That Stands Out
Our Class Action attorneys are nationally recognized for their successful prosecution and defense of complex litigation alleging violations of state and federal law, employment law claims, product liability claims, discrimination claims, regulatory violations, and other issues that impact business operations of some of the largest companies and the daily lives of thousands of people.
Who We Stand Behind
We serve clients including businesses across a wide range of industries, government entities, and class action plaintiffs.
How We Take a Stand
Our comprehensive class action practice includes matters charging:
- Constitutional rights violations
- Securities fraud
- Contractual breaches
- Data breaches
- Consumer fraud
- Unfair lending practices
- Wage and hour claims
- WARN Act violations
- Product liability claims
- Mass torts
- Toxic torts
We handle all aspects of these highly complicated cases, including litigating class certification, discovery, the notice process, settlement negotiations, trial, and any necessary appeals. Our attorneys have served as lead counsel, bringing many class actions to a successful conclusion.
- Obtained outright dismissal of a federal class action data breach lawsuit involving a putative class of more than 450,000 individuals who utilized a nationwide job placement website.
- On behalf of multiple regional healthcare systems, obtained dismissal of federal wage and hour class action cases alleging tens of millions of dollars in damages.
- Defeated class certification and successfully defended that decision on appeal as defense counsel for a major health insurer, sued by a former member in a putative class action for the termination of the member’s insurance contract.
- Lead counsel in multi-district litigations involving national class actions addressing issues involving compensation to healthcare providers, provider network structures, and network contractual terms.
- Defense counsel for a publicly traded mortgage lender, winning voluntary discontinuance of a national consumer class action alleging a number of unfair lending practices under common law and statutory law, including Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Defense counsel for a Pennsylvania judicial system, sheriff, and prothonotary in civil rights class actions brought under 42 U.S.C. 1983.
- Defense counsel for Northeast Revenue Services, obtaining a dismissal of a class action lawsuit filed by residents of the City of Scranton claiming the tax collection firm had sent improper notices seeking to collect on delinquent waste disposal fees.