Legal Experience That Stands Out
Led by the former Chief Counsel to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection/former Regional Counsel to the EPA, Region II, our Environmental attorneys have frontline experience resolving the most complex enforcement and regulatory issues affecting business interests, governmental entities, and private citizens.
Who We Stand Behind
We serve a full range of clients, including interstate authorities, state and municipal governments and authorities, alternate fuel and co-generational developers, land developers, corporations, and private individuals and their communities.
How We Take a Stand
Our lawyers provide comprehensive representation and counseling in all aspects of litigation, regulatory compliance, permitting, site remediation, business transactions, civil enforcement actions, criminal investigations and actions, and insurance coverage. We have successfully handled:
- Litigation involving toxic torts, statutory cleanup actions, natural resource damage claims, private contractual actions for cleanup costs, challenges to governmental action/permitting appeals, environmental disasters, takings/condemnation, and insurance coverage
- Permitting matters involving landfills, quarries, and pollution control facilities
- Regulatory, permitting, and environmental issues affecting alternate fuel and co-generational developers
- Matters involving waste remediation and land contamination
- Environmental due diligence audits in connection with business and real estate acquisitions and financing transactions
- Negotiations and litigation with state and federal agencies concerning environmental permits, regulatory constraints, cleanup plans, cost-recovery claims, and similar matters arising under the federal and state environmental control statutes
- Work associated with the registration of products before the EPA
- Government and private cost recovery actions, on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, involving Superfund sites and Pennsylvania Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act sites
- Projects involving Brownfield re-use and the related environmental review and remediation
- Environmental issues in transactions involving REITs, mergers and acquisitions, lending, and leasing
- Compliance issues relating to land contamination and Brownfields; waste and materials management; permitting; operational changes and facility expansion; construction, development, and siting of new facilities; audits and problem-spotting; information management; changes in laws, regulations, and rulemaking.
- Issues relating to storm water management
We represent clients before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board, the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, the EPA, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of the Interior, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and national laboratories and federal and state courts across the U.S.