Legal Experience That Stands Out
Our Healthcare Litigation Team represents clients in disputes in state and federal courts and in arbitration. We advise on regulatory compliance issues, and business growth and solutions, achieving significant results for diverse clients in a broad range of complex matters throughout Pennsylvania and the United States.
Who We Stand Behind
We serve clients including health insurance companies, managed care organizations, hospitals, hospital systems, physician groups, physician practices, and vendors of ancillary medical services.
How We Take a Stand
Our comprehensive legal services include:
- Litigating contractual disputes between health insurance companies and medical care providers, including disputes involving risk-sharing arrangements, reimbursement disagreements, capitation agreements, the terms of hospital and physician contracts, and physician credentialing
- Defending class action lawsuits that challenge the legality of managed care practices, and managed care billing and payment methodologies, including complex matters coordinated through the federal Multi-District Litigation Panel
- Litigating claims involving disputes over the valuation, sale, and acquisition of regional health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, provider groups, and physician practices
- Counseling managed care organizations in efforts to recover debts in the context of bankruptcy proceedings, as well as defending such companies in bankruptcy court adversary actions
- Litigating rights and obligations under coordination of benefits provisions
- Protecting clients in claims involving unfair competition
- Litigating disputes over broker fees and commissions
- Counseling clients on their rights and obligations under ERISA in connection with the administration of medical benefits and litigating claims when necessary
- Advising on challenges to the scope of claims audits, claim audit methodologies, and auditor qualifications
- Achieving significant results in matters involving administrative service arrangements with self-funded, employer-sponsored medical benefits plans
We represent clients in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We are equally experienced in utilizing alternative dispute resolution forums, including use of the procedures under the American Arbitration Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.