Legal Experience That Stands Out
As cybercriminals become increasingly adept at breaching sophisticated data systems and exposing the most intimate details of people’s lives while inflicting havoc, businesses and other organizations must be prepared to defend against lawsuits brought by aggrieved parties. That’s why our Data Breaches Team is comprised of litigators who understand cybersecurity and practice at the cutting-edge of data privacy law as it continues to evolve. Our team also can assist when breaches occur through mistakes such as loss of a laptop or accidental release of confidential information.
Who We Stand Behind
We defend clients across all industries including healthcare, finance, retail, technology, education, and governmental entities.
How We Take a Stand
Following a data breach, we assist clients by:
- Defending class action lawsuits brought under an extensive range of laws in federal and state courts across the U.S.
- Responding to investigations by law enforcement, and state and federal regulators, including the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Representing clients in administrative proceedings
- Obtained outright dismissal of a federal class action data breach lawsuit involving a putative class of more than 450,000 individuals who utilized a nationwide job placement website.
- Obtained a dismissal for Aetna in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania of a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of thousands of putative plaintiffs alleging an increased risk of identity theft resulting from an alleged computer database breach.