Trusts and Estates
Legal Experience That Stands Out
Our Trusts and Estates Team consists of seasoned litigators with an established history of successfully trying to verdict and settling complex disputes, which often implicate multiple legal practice areas such as Real Estate, Tax Appeals, Bankruptcy, and Entity Formation/Structure. We also provide counseling in trusts and estates matters to stop legal problems before they arise, and provide estate planning and administration services to clients from all levels of personal wealth and family situations.
Who We Stand Behind
We represent corporate and individual clients, including beneficiaries, trustees, executors, administrators, conservators, and guardians in state and federal courts throughout the U.S., including probate court, bankruptcy court, and tax court.
How We Take a Stand
We handle a full range of litigation issues relating to trusts and estates, including:
- Breach of fiduciary duty, including self-dealing, conflicts of interest, and improper asset management
- Removal of fiduciaries
- Fiduciary fees and commissions
- Will contests
- Accounting issues
- Theft by executors and administrators
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Petitions for court instructions
- Trust modification and reformation of instruments
- Undue influence, capacity, and elder financial abuse
- Decedent’s intent
- Matters relating to charitable and nonprofit entities
- Matters relating to complex assets, including real estate and family business succession
- Won a court order removing an executor of an $11 million estate and related trust where the executor failed to take substantive action to administer the estate or make distributions.