Legal Experience That Stands Out
Tim’s practice includes the defense of public entities and public officials in a broad range of matters encompassing alleged civil rights violations, zoning and land use, and gender- and race-based discrimination. He has served as lead trial counsel in many high-value civil cases in both federal and state courts, and has acted as lead counsel in class action cases involving consumer fraud and mass torts. Tim also counsels government agencies and officials with regard to investigations conducted by federal authorities.
While earning his J.D. from Temple University School of Law, Tim was a member of the Temple Law Review.
Tim is active in his Montgomery County community’s school athletic and service programs. Among other leadership roles, he served as co-chair of a committee that raises funds to purchase, donate, and design playground structures for a local township park.
- Defense counsel for Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, and its officials in the highly publicized “Cash for Kids” litigation, involving hundreds of consolidated civil rights actions filed in federal court, implicating billions of dollars in potential liabilities. Two judges were convicted of conspiring with private correctional facility operators to convict and confine juveniles in exchange for illegal payments. Tim, and other members of the firm, obtained dismissals of all claims against all of the county government officials, entities, and agencies that were alleged to be liable for that conduct.
- Trial counsel for the owner of a country club and golf course resort company in a contract dispute against a national builder of residential communities, in which the jury awarded Tim’s client $20 million following a two-week trial, which was the largest verdict in a commercial case in the history of Chester County.
- Trial counsel for the defense in a multimillion-dollar race discrimination case filed against one of the largest counties in Pennsylvania. The jury entered a defense verdict in favor of Tim’s client.
- Defense counsel for Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, in a $1.8 million federal lawsuit in Philadelphia filed by the seller and manufacturer of an electronic voting machine system. After achieving a complete dismissal of all claims against Montgomery County, Tim filed a new action in federal court and obtained a jury verdict in excess of $1 million for Montgomery County against the voting machine manufacturer and distributor.
- Defense counsel for a Pennsylvania judicial system, sheriff, and prothonotary in civil rights class actions brought under 42 U.S.C. 1983.
- Trial counsel in a truck underride case resulting in a multimillion-dollar verdict, one of the largest wrongful death verdicts in Philadelphia.