Legal Experience That Stands Out
Roger has litigated a wide variety of employment issues, including trade secret disputes and non-compete or non-solicitation agreements. Roger also represents corporations and shareholders in disputes relating to corporate governance and fiduciary duties. His commercial litigation practice often involves compromised arrangements appropriate for emergency, equitable relief or the imposition of preliminary injunctions or temporary restraining orders. After law school, Roger clerked for the Hon. James R. Cavanaugh of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Roger has held various leadership roles in the Montgomery Bar Association and was honored in 2017 for his leadership as President of the Trial Lawyers’ Section, in 2011 for his distinguished service as a Board of Director, and in 2008 for his devotion to the Young Lawyers’ Section.
He coaches youth baseball, soccer and basketball in various area sports organizations including the Montgomery United Soccer Club and the Whitpain Recreation Association. Previously, he played professional baseball with the Zanesville Greys of the Frontier League then based in Zanesville, Ohio. During his collegiate days, he played in the Cape Cod Summer Baseball League (Brewster Whitecaps, 1993 and Falmouth Commodores, 1994). He was a three-year captain of Georgetown University’s varsity baseball team and voted all Big-East on multiple occasions.
- Counsel for the owner of a golf course in a civil rights land use dispute with a builder/developer and local township, achieving a $13 million settlement for the client.
- Co-counsel for more than 3,000 class action plaintiffs in a federal court identity theft case, achieving a multimillion-dollar, court-approved settlement.
- Defense counsel for a publicly traded mortgage lender, winning voluntary discontinuance of a national consumer class action alleging a number of unfair lending practices under common law and statutory law, including Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Successfully defended recovery actions brought against insurance policyholders by the Pennsylvania Insurance Commission acting as Liquidator of an insolvent insurance company that sought to recover payments made under the policy as preferential payments in a matter of first impression.
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of a Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) lawsuit brought by a former employer against former employees who had resigned to join a competitor. The Third Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed.
- Litigated an injunction against a bank’s parent holding company for a shareholder who sought to freeze the annual meeting date to allow for a competing slate of Directors to be nominated.