Legal Experience That Stands Out
Mark’s healthcare practice includes extensive experience in litigating cases involving rights and liabilities arising under medical provider contracts, disputes over claims and billing methodologies and policies, disagreements arising out of the acquisition and valuation of managed care companies and healthcare providers, and challenges to auditing processes.
In his employment law practice, Mark has served as trial counsel for corporations, state and locally funded public entities, and individuals. He has successfully litigated cases involving allegations of gender, age, race, and disability-based discrimination, and retaliation claims attendant thereto; cases asserting violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act; and cases asserting wrongful termination based upon the exercise of First Amendment rights, including politically motivated firings. He has also served as trial counsel on behalf of both corporations and individuals in cases involving employment non-competition obligations, the enforcement of other aspects of executive employment contracts, and in enforcing the respective rights and obligations under ERISA in connection with employee medical, severance, and disability benefits.
In litigating complex commercial cases, Mark’s experience also encompasses matters involving mass data breaches, and claims arising under the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and corresponding state statutes prohibiting unauthorized computer intrusions.
- Utilizing statutory bid protest procedures, challenged and overturned (twice) implementation of a multibillion-dollar public procurement, preserving the client’s interest in its existing statewide Medicaid business operations.
- Procured an injunction against termination of multiple payor/provider contracts involving one of Pennsylvania’s largest healthcare systems, leading to a negotiated resolution of contract disputes with that system.
- One of the lead trial attorneys in securing a verdict in excess of $6.6 million on behalf of a corporate client who suffered harm as a result of legal malpractice committed in connection with complex real estate transactions.
- Obtained outright dismissal of a federal class action data breach lawsuit involving a putative class of more than 450,000 individuals who utilized a nationwide job placement website.
- On behalf of multiple regional healthcare systems, obtained dismissal of federal wage and hour class action cases alleging tens of millions of dollars in damages.
- Member of a trial team that procured one of the largest single-plaintiff Age Discrimination in Employment Act jury verdicts awarded in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, obtaining a verdict totaling in excess of $6 million.
- Member of a trial team that successfully applied, in favor of a bi-state public entity, the limitations on liability enjoyed by public entities regarding politically motivated employment decisions affecting policy-making employees.