Legal Experience That Stands Out
Jack is experienced in a wide range of healthcare, business torts, employment, contract and class action matters. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in healthcare disputes relating to alleged fraud, kickbacks, improper billing, billing software issues, and contractual disputes. Jack represents clients in business and partnership disputes, and regulatory and administrative matters. He served a two-year judicial clerkship for the Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie, the former Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania and a former member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Jack was a summer judicial clerk for the Hon. James R. Cavanaugh of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, and is a past-President of the Montgomery Bar Association’s Trial Lawyers Section and a former Hearing Committee member of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Consistent with his interest in history and social justice, upon graduating from Georgetown, Jack interned with the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (“CSCE”), a bipartisan Congressional organization that monitors human rights, security, and economic development issues in the former Soviet Union. He served as a Staff Member with the CSCE Congressional Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly in Vienna, and also interned for Maryland Congressman Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader.
Jack is Chairman of the Whitpain Township Park and Open Space Board. A former four-year varsity baseball letterman at Georgetown University, he has coached baseball, football, basketball, and soccer for the Whitpain Recreation Association, the Wissahickon American Legion program, the Ambler-Whitpain Trojans, St. Helena School, and Holy Rosary School. He serves as an alumni interviewer for Georgetown University, and is a former Board member of Hoyas Unlimited, fundraising for Georgetown athletics.
- Represented a national payor in successful litigation against a third-party pharmacy benefits manager for tortiously interfering with its business.
- Represented a publicly traded company in a national hour and wage class action that was then decertified by the United States District Court after effective discovery and motion practice.
- Represented a national media network in defamation and negligent supervision allegations by a former newsperson that involved complex electronic discovery and spoliation issues.
- Represented a publicly traded company responding to multiple subpoenas for documents and testimony from third parties and the U.S. Department of Justice, and successfully negotiated limits to those subpoenas concerning antitrust and other complex issues.
- Represented a national payor in successfully compelling arbitration against a provider where arbitration was favorably resolved before a hearing after the Pennsylvania Superior Court affirmed the contested arbitrability of the matter.
- Successfully defended ethics allegations before the Pennsylvania Ethics Commission.