Legal Experience That Stands Out
In his healthcare practice, Henry serves as a business advisor and litigator for insurers, managed care companies, hospital systems, and physician and ancillary providers on a broad range of legal issues. He has extensive experience in internal audits and/or investigations in the healthcare field, as well as in developing compliance plans. Henry also represents hospitals and healthcare systems in medical staff and peer review issues.
Henry’s insurance practice includes extensive experience litigating cases and advising clients in reinsurance matters, coverage issues, managing general agent issues, executive contracts, insurance company insolvencies, and insurance fraud investigations. He is experienced in matters relating to health insurance, life insurance, property and casualty, directors and officers, and errors and omissions coverages.
Henry has served as lead trial counsel, including court appointment as co-lead counsel or liaison counsel in several class actions and multi-district litigations. His complex litigation practice has included cases involving civil rights under 42 U.S.C. §1983, ERISA, bankruptcy, antitrust, and intellectual property matters.
Henry served for six years on a Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and has lectured at several continuing legal education programs. He graduated first in his law school class and was a member of the Villanova Law Review and the Order of the Coif.
Henry provides pro bono representation to the National Shrine of Czestochowa and supports several charities and youth sports groups. In 2011, he was elected to the Board of Trustees of Juniata College, and he was re-elected in 2014 and 2017.
- Lead trial counsel for a healthcare system in a million-dollar age discrimination claim, obtaining a defense verdict from the jury.
- Lead counsel for the seller of a Main Line mansion and co-lead counsel for an insurer in successfully defending a $20 million suit by the buyer claiming wrongful payment of claim under a fire insurance policy.
- Lead counsel for a healthcare system, obtaining dismissal of a suit by a physician whose staff privileges were suspended and terminated.
- Lead counsel for a casino gaming company in successfully defending a 1983 action by a former CEO claiming conspiracy with state regulators concerning his license.
- Lead counsel for a surety company and re-insurer coordinating litigations in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts in the wind-up of a national bail bonding company with more than $800 million of exposure.