Legal Experience That Stands Out
Brian’s experience includes white-collar and corporate internal investigations, multi-district litigation, RICO actions, Fair Labor Standards Act litigation, constitutional issues, injunctions, insurance coverage, healthcare litigation, and cases involving employment law, restrictive covenants and non-compete issues. Brian frequently lectures on privacy, gun laws, security, law enforcement protocol and policy, and constitutional issues. Prior to joining the firm in 2016, Brian was a principal in his own law firm, practicing commercial litigation and conducting corporate investigations.
Brian served as Philadelphia’s Deputy District Attorney from 2010 through 2012, conducting numerous wiretap investigations into international narcotic trafficking, money laundering, and gun violence/trafficking. Early in his career, he served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office’s trial and appellate divisions prosecuting gang violence, homicides, and narcotic trafficking.
Brian is active in multiple community service organizations in the Philadelphia area. He is a board member of the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation (MCLEF-Phila), a youth sports coach, a member of the Notre Dame Club of Philadelphia, a member of the La Salle College High School Leadership Council, and a representative on Philadelphia’s Youth Aid Panel Program.
- Philadelphia Deputy District Attorney who led the investigation resulting in the highly publicized arrest and successful prosecution of abortion-provider Dr. Kermit Gosnell for, among other charges, the first-degree murder of three infants. Brian headed a team of local and federal investigators and agents from the FBI, DEA, ATF, and joint terrorism branches of the federal government.
- Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney who led a team of federal and state prosecutors and law enforcement officials investigating international narcotic trafficking and money laundering leading to the destruction of a major cocaine pipeline from the Sinaloa Drug Cartel to Pennsylvania.
- Trial and appellate counsel in several cases that affirmed sentences involving homicides of citizens and Philadelphia law enforcement officers.
- Trial and appellate counsel, successfully maintaining a multimillion-dollar jury verdict through appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court for a commercial client against a multibillion-dollar company regarding a breach of contract.
- Trial and appellate counsel, successfully maintaining a multimillion-dollar jury verdict on behalf of an individual client against the Philadelphia Stock Exchange through a unanimous decision by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Trial counsel, successfully arguing a motion for dismissal at nonsuit following a weeks-long jury trial on behalf of an international LLC.