Romilda Crocamo has over 30 years of legal and leadership experience ranging in the fields of government, nonprofit and private sectors. Most recently she served as the Acting County Manager of Luzerne County. In this role, Romilda was the head of the Executive Branch of government, overseeing 1,500 employees in 32 departments and a $300 million annual budget. In addition, she led the Administration’s oversight of the American Rescue Plan Act award of $112 million dollars. During her tenure, program initiatives secured increased investments in Luzerne County despite the surge in COVID-19 cases in the region.
Before her appointment as Acting County Manager, Romilda served as Luzerne County’s Chief Solicitor, where she oversaw claims brought by or against Luzerne County, reviewed over 1000 contracts per year, and provided legal opinions on all matters concerning County departments, including internal investigations.
Ms. Crocamo served as the Law Clerk for the Honorable Tina P. Gartley and sat as a Hearing Officer in Dependency and Delinquency Court. Her litigation experience includes, complex commercial and intellectual property infringement matters.
- Litigated actions brought by and against Luzerne County, including prisoner claims against the correctional facility.
- Represented commercial clients in 911 insurance claims.
- Romilda has taught at the New York University School of Continuing Education. During her career as a lawyer, she has represented battered women and children in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties. She coordinated the Prison Suicide Prevention Task Force, resulting in updated intake procedures at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
- State of the County, Luzerne County Law & Library Association Quarterly Meeting Annual Meeting, October 2021
- State of the County, Hazleton Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Breakfast, April 2021
- Interpersonal Violence: How Advocates and Attorneys Can Work Together to Navigate Change the Civil Justice System, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence Conference, 2009
- When Justice Takes a Detour: The Luzerne County Experience-Implications for Victims and Victim Services, 37th Annual NOVA Conference, 2011
- Justice Be Thy Plea, 37th Annual NOVA Conference, 2011
- Assessing and Addressing Dating and Domestic Violence with Juvenile Offenders, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (2012)