Legal Experience That Stands Out
Matt represents corporations and private individuals in complex business and partnership disputes, zoning, land use, and employment issues. His practice includes defending and prosecuting administrative, trial, and appellate actions, including on Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, the Rehabilitation Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Act, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act issues. He has also led investigations concerning employment matters for public and private clients.
While earning his J.D. from Villanova University School of Law, Matt served as Board Administrator of the Moot Court Board and Production Editor for the Villanova Journal of Catholic Social Thought. He served as a law clerk for the Hon. Richard P. Conaboy of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Matt continues the firm’s commitment to community service as Commissioner for the Abington Youth Basketball League, and as coach in the Abington Little League, and Abington Youth Flag Football Leagues.
- Winning a jury trial defense verdict in a case where claims were made that a bank unlawfully liquidated millions of dollars of its customer’s security accounts.
- Won dismissal of several claims for an international hotel franchise in a breach of contract action.
- Defeated a class action lawsuit against the City of Scranton.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar judgment in a business partnership dispute.
- Won favorable decisions in labor disputes before federal and state arbitrators.
- Successfully prosecuted and defeated ADA and FHA issues in federal and state courts.