Legal Experience That Stands Out
Kevin counsels personal representatives administering decedents’ estates, including creditor claims, estate distribution, and federal and Pennsylvania inheritance and estate taxes. He advises clients on commercial and personal real estate transactions, and works with owners of closely held corporations, including on corporate reorganization matters, and has represented governmental agencies in the acquisition of real estate and assertion of claims in bankruptcy proceedings. Kevin was previously General Counsel at Laventhol & Horwath, then the sixth largest public accounting firm in the United States. He was administrator of its liquidating plan of reorganization for the benefit of more than 4,000 creditors, and subsequently served as the court-appointed successor liquidating trustee under the confirmed plan of reorganization.
Kevin served an Adjunct Associate Professor of Business Law in the Legal Studies Department of Drexel University in Philadelphia, focusing on business organizations, the Uniform Commercial Code, and contract law. He served as an editor of the Villanova University School of Law Law Review, and was elected to the Order of the Coif.
- Counsel for a national health insurer on creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations.
- Counsel for sellers and buyers of minor league baseball teams, including sales and acquisitions of Triple and Double A teams.
- Counsel for numerous medical professionals and franchisees, assisting clients with business acquisitions, franchisor relationships, and establishing and memorializing owners rights through shareholders and operating agreements.
- Counsel for debtors in diverse industries, including banking, real estate, insurance, and fashion to maximize returns for creditors and equity. Negotiated the sale of businesses as on-going concerns that saved hundreds of jobs.
- Regional counsel for a national wireless communications company, responsible for leasing hundreds of antenna sites throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Representation of taxpayers before the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue’s Board of Appeals, overturning improper assessments of Pennsylvania income and real estate transfer taxes.