Legal Experience That Stands Out
Eric is a frequent writer and presenter and is co-author of “United States Securities Laws Implications of Corporate Restructurings” in the American Bar Association’s Reorganizing Failing Businesses, (3rd Edition Rafael X. Zahralddin and Megan Adeyemo, eds.) (August 2017).
Eric represents committees, debtors, debtors-in-possession, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and trustees in Chapter 11 proceedings. He also represents trustees in Chapter 7 proceedings and post-confirmation estates. He has significant experience in financial restructuring. He is also an experienced commercial litigator in the trial and appellate courts in Delaware and in the U.S. District Court.
Eric graduated from the College of William and Mary where he was a varsity football player and member of the Lacrosse Club. While earning his J.D. at the University of Baltimore School of Law, Eric served as Case Note Editor of the International Property Law Journal and received the Mark Geraci Student Tax Scholarship Award.
Eric is a past president and current member at large of his community association. He also volunteers as a youth lacrosse coach.
- “United States Securities Laws Implications of Corporate Restructurings” in Reorganizing Failing Businesses, American Bar Association, (3rd Edition Rafael X. Zahralddin and Megan Adeyemo, eds.) (August 2017)
- “Delaware’s Unclaimed Property Audit and SOS VDA Program,” Credit Research Foundation, December 2017
- “Pension Protection Act Leaves Door Open: Bankruptcies Can Avoid Mass Pension Payouts,” The Bankruptcy Strategist, January 2007
- Speaker, National Association of Credit Management, Northwest North American Hardwoods Credit Association Meeting, “Contracts, VMI, and Consignment for Credit Managers: With a Special Case Study on Sports Authority,” November 2017
- Speaker, Financial Poise Webinar and West LegalEdcenter® course, “Data Privacy Compliance,” November 2017
- Speaker, National Association of Credit Management, Northwest National Apparel & Footwear Credit Association, “Preparing for Retail Bankruptcy Cases,” September 2017
- Speaker, National Association of Credit Management, National Apparel & Footwear Credit Association, “Introduction to Unclaimed Property and Risk Mitigation in Accounts Receivable,” November 2015
- Panelist, Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 20th Annual Business Lawyers’ Institute, “Directors’, Officers’ and Advisors’ Liability,” November 2014
- Speaker, Bastiat Society Meeting, “What Bankruptcy Means for a Business Owner,” Greenville, Delaware, Nov. 7, 2013
- Speaker, CRF Credit and Accounts Receivable Open Forum Conference, “Unclaimed Property Policies and Procedures: Risk Mitigation in Accounts Receivable,” October 2013
- Speaker, National Builders Group, Credit Research Foundation, “Defending Preferences for Construction Industry Defendants,” October 2013
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Long-Term Disabled Employees in the Nortel bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Equity Holders in the AgFeed bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel to various plaintiffs in Delaware Chancery Court for numerous books and records actions that led to recoveries from foreign companies that failed to comply with reporting obligations.
- Lead debtor’s counsel to Cherokee Simeon Venture I, LLC in Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Lead bankruptcy counsel to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local No. 25 and the New England Teamsters and Trucking Industry Pension Fund in the Herald Media bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of landlord and committee member in Papa Gino’s bankruptcy cases.
- Delaware counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Orexigen Therapeutics bankruptcy cases.
- Delaware counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Violin Memory bankruptcy cases.