Our attorneys have served as counsel for a variety of parties in matters in Delaware, Pennsylvania and nationally arising under the Federal Bankruptcy Code and state laws relating to insolvency and the relief of debtors. Elliott Greenleaf has represented creditors committees, debtors-in-possession, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, and equity holders in bankruptcy proceedings, workouts, protective structuring of commercial transactions, and pre-bankruptcy planning. Our firm represents public agencies and financial institutions pursuing legal and statutory claims against layered corporate guarantors. We also represent creditors and debtors in adversary proceedings, including appointments as special litigation counsel.
Significant recent representations include:
- Representing a national managed care company in the bankruptcies of several national Physician Associations, as well as in the bankruptcy of a national Home Health Company;
- Representing an international engineering and construction company in the bankruptcy of the general contractor on a $12 million project;
- Representing a regional baking company ultimately negotiating a sale of its business assets and saving more than 200 jobs;
- Representing the creditors committee in the bankruptcy of a regional nursing home chain;
- Represented a hospital in a Chapter 11 filing;
- Represented a property owner seeking remediation of pollution of its property by a national battery manufacturer in bankruptcy;
- Represented a director of a local subsidiary in claims arising out of the bankruptcy of a major health system;
- Represented a local food market in the Chapter 11 proceeding of a national food market chain;
and represented creditors in an airline bankruptcy.